Roasting Veal is not so common and because of its tenderness it’s usually prepared differently, but believe when we say, this recipe will blow your mind. Nice cut of veal and fresh vegetables is all you need.
The original recipe comes from Turkey and Balkans, and it is associated with the word SAC and this version will show you how to prepare meat “under the SAC” but without smoke and dirt, comfortably in your kitchen.
Roast Veal Over The Vegetables
- 4 lbs veal
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp thyme dry
- red peppercorns to taste
- black peppercorns to taste
- 1,5 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp mix of vegetable seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2.2 lbs potatoes
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 leak
- First thing you want to do is to prepare all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Take the knife and stab the meat from both sides a couple o times, so it can absorb the marinade.
- Rub salt and pepper over the veal. In a separate bowl, mix oil, garlic powder, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, mix of vegetable seasoning and sweet paprika.
- Rub in the mix of spices and leave in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 12 hours (overnight).
- When 12 hours have past, prepare the meat and vegetables. Cut potatoes an mushrooms on half, and bell peppers, leak and carrots into rings. Cut tomato on quarters.
- Take a large pot and put cut vegetables, mixed with salt, pepper, sweet paprika and olive oil on the bottom.
- Put the veal over the vegetables.
- Close the lid and cook for 1h45m at 180C or 356F.