Since mayonnaise or sour cream are not used to bind the potatoes and vegetables, this version of potato salad is a perfect picnic item in terms of food safety.
This potato salad tastes best if you allow the flavors to marry in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
Serbian Potato Salad Krompir Salata Recipe
- 6 large white or Yukon Gold potatoes boiled, peeled and sliced or diced
- 2 yellow or red onions medium,halved and sliced thinly or 1 bunch sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place potatoes and onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Toss potatoes with dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- For best flavor, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.