Cordon Bleu prepared in this way is extremely juicy, the meat is wonderfully soft and above all delicious and it perfectly crispy.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a specialty that will surely delight your family and guests!
It is a dish that originated in Switzerland, and it consists of meat stuffed with ham and cheese, fried in deep oil.
According to the original recipe, chicken white or turkey meat is used, but there are also variations with pork and veal.Whatever choice you make you will not go wrong!
Take a look at the recipe and find out how to prepare it!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 3 fillets of chicken breasts
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 cheese slices by choice
- 9 ham slices
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- oil for fry
- Sprinkle chicken breast fillets with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Place a chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap and thin it with a meat hammer.
- Place 2 slice of cheese, then 2 slices of ham, then another slice of cheese and another layer of ham.
- Roll the chicken and wrap on plastic wrap thightly.
- Repeat with the remaning ingridients, then chill the roll in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and wisk for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Continue whisking until sauce comes to a simmer and has thickened.
- Add the mustard, Parmesan, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Remove from the heat.
- After the chicken rolls are set, prepared dishes with the flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Put the chicken first in the flour, then the egg and then bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in the pan to be very hot but don't let it burn.
- Place the chicken in the oil and fry for about 5 minutes per side or until the outside is golden brown.
- Serve with sause and enjoy!