Turmeric Ginger Chicken Coup is healthy, tasty, fragrant, colorful… wait… it sounds like the perfect soup.
The idea that chicken soup cures when we are sick, we already know that it is healthy … and when we add turmeric and ginger to it, we can call it super healthy!
Colors and scents are just another reason to enjoy.
And really … enjoy!
Turmeric Ginger Chicken Soup
- 10½ oz chicken breasts
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3½ oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 7.05 oz kale chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cup soup noodles
- olive or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to serve
- Boil chicken breasts in water with bay leaf and peppercorns. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and fry the onion until it becomes glassy.
- Add the carrots, then add the mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic clove and fresh ginger and fry for 1 minutes.You can remove the garlic If desired.
- Add ground ginger, rosemary and kale.
- Stir and add the chicken broth.
- Leave to boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Increase the heat and let the soup boil, then add the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After 5 minutes add the noodles and cook until the noodles soften.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice and enjoy!