Pork and Stout are just perfect for each other! This recipe combines those two ingredients, but also carefully selected vegetables to go alongside, forming a delicious sauce.
Beer improves both steaks and the sauce in so many ways, so we assure you that you won’t be disappointed if you try this recipe.
Pork Steaks With Vegetables In Black Beer
- 2.2 lb pork steaks
- 0.22 lb bacon diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 oz button mushrooms
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/2 celery root sliced
- 2 tbsp baked peppers salsa
- 13.5 fl oz black beer
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 tbsp dried vegetables seasoning
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp dill dry
- 1/4 cup oil
- boiled potatoes for serving
- Thin the steaks well with a meat mallet. Season them well with dry spices, pepper and salt.
- Roll them in flour on all sides and set aside.
- In a larger saucepan, fry the bacon to make it crispy and when it's done just set aside.
- On this fat cook the steaks so they get a nice yellow crust. When you reach that form, remove them and set aside.
- Add some oil and fry the onions, carrot and celery root.
- Then add dill, salt, baked pepper salsa, chopped garlic and mushrooms sliced in quarters.
- Pour in tomato puree and stout beer of your choice, and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Arrange vegetables and meat in a baking dish. Pour everything over with beer sauce from the pan and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake covered in an oven preheated to 356 F (180C) for about 90 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and salad of your choice.