The butternut squash is melt-in-your-mouth tender, the farro is deliciously chewy and the flavors just bring everything together.
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Farro Chili
- 900 g butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can cannellini beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup farro rinsed
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add butternut squash and the rest of ingredients, cover and place on high for 3 to 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon chili into bowls and add desired toppings. Enjoy!