Use your Slow cooker to make very fine beef.
Slow Cooker Burgundy Beef
- 1.8 kg beef top sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large onions sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-9 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Cook, covered, on high until gravy is thickened, about 15 minutes. Serve with noodles.
Originally published as Beef Bourguignonne in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008