Enjoy this slow-cooked alternative to canned baked beans for breakfast or brunch, served on toast or with eggs.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1 heaped tbsp soft brown sugar
- 400 g can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 200 ml passata
- small bunch coriander chopped
- Heat the slow cooker if necessary. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion until it starts to brown, then add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the vinegar and sugar and bubble for a minute. Stir in the beans and passata and season with black pepper. Tip everything into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 5 hours. If the sauce seems a little thin turn the heat to High and cook for a few more minutes. Stir through the coriander.