Christmas Schwarzwald Cubes were created as a variant of the famous Schwarzwald cake, which is one of the favorite cakes in Europe.
The traditional recipe for Schwarzwald cake has been slightly modified to make this wonderful cake.
Translated from German, you could call it a Black Forest cake.
Christmas Schwarzwald Cubes is a fantastic combination of cherries and chocolate rounded off with a soft biscuit crust and a layer of sweet sour cream.
But above all, this cake does not have to be baked!
- 10.5 oz ground biscuits
- 3.5 oz butter melted
- 1.05 oz Nesquik Chocolate Flavor Drink Mix
- 3.4 fl oz milk
- 20.5 oz cherries fresh or frozen, pitted
- 7.05 oz sugar
- 2.11 oz starch
- some water
- 7.05 oz chocolate
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
Sweet sour cream layer
- 7.05 oz cream cheese
- 7.05 oz sweet sour cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Add melted butter and Nesquik Chocolate Flavor Drink Mix to the ground biscuits, and mix well. Then add milk and mix well again.
- Stir a little longer so that all the dry biscuits come into contact with the wet ingredients.
- Put the crust mass in a mold or tray measuring 11.8 x 7.8 inches and flatten it.
- Drain the cherries from the juice, then add as much water to the juice as needed to get 13.5 fl oz of liquid.
- Put the cherries in the small pot, add sugar and half of the juice and water mixture. Put everything on the fire to boil.
- In the meantime, mix the rest of the juice and the starch.
- Cook the cherries for a few minutes, then add starch mixture and stir until it thickens. It takes a few minutes again.
- When cherry jelly is cooked, pour over the crust and flatten, and then shake the tray or mold slightly to jelly evenly distribute.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour oil over the chocolate, then melt the chocolate over a medium heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, or do it on steam.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cherry jelly, smooth everything again, then shake the baking tray sligthly.
- Leave in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar.
- Then whip the sweet sour cream.
- Mix cream cheese and sweet sour cream and spread over chilled cake.
- Garnish with chocolate crumbs and cherries.