Collard greens is undeservedly neglected vegetable, and it’s mainly used as a side dish.
Here you can see collar greens as a star of your lunch or dinner, delicious rolls stuffed with minced meat and rice.
Even though it mostly used in Southern USA and Southern Europe, be sure to buy this when you come across it, because these rolls are super tasty, and actually quite easy to make.
Collard Green Rolls
- 20-30 leafs collard green
- 1.3 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tbsp dry herb spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp dill fresh
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Take the collard greens and remove thick part from the middle of every leaf.
- Blanche the leafs just for a little while so you can have easier time making the rolls. Set aside and let them cool.
- Take the pan and start with the stuffing. Saute the onion and then add mince meat and cook them together on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add rice. egg and spices and cook until meat is nearly done. Set aside.
- Take one collard green leaf, and on the lower part us 1-1,5 tbsp of mince meat stuffing. Amount of stuffing depends of the size of the leafs.
- Make rolls just like in the video, first take care of the part where the stuffing is, then the side parts so the stuffing doesn't fall out, and then roll it so you can get nice round roll.
- Take the casserole and arrange the rolls firmly next to each other. Sprinkle with sweet paprika and pour the broth over the rolls.
- Cook the rolls for 1-1,5 hour in the preheated oven on 390F.