Who doesn’t love tasty Bolognese sauce? Well, the answer on that question is probably no one or at least very small number of people. But can it be made a bit different? Yes!
Instead of making classic pasta Bologneze, transform it to a delicious soup without affecting the traditional Bolognese sauce flavor.
One more great thing with this is that you can rest assured your kids will be instantly in love with this dish, especially those who are not so fond of soups and stews, so it’s a win win situation.
Bolognese Soup With Penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small onions finely chopped
- 3 carrots finely diced
- 1/2 celery root finely diced
- 10 oz minced meat beef and pork
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 1 chicken stock kube dissolved
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme dry
- 3.5 oz penne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions for a couple of minutes, then add diced celery and carrots and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- After you soften the vegetables, add meat and salt to taste. In the meantime dissolve chicken stock cube in less than a cup of water.
- After around 10 minutes, add tomato passata, dissolved chicken stock cube and 1.2 liters of boiling water, then add seasoning; paprika, thyme and black pepper. Cover the with the lid and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add penne, cover and cook for a another 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the parmesan at the end of cooking.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy!