Veal steaks are very soft, they have low fat and they are tender and delicious. Veal is rich with potassium, zinc and vitamins B and D, but also with iron and it represents the easiest way for this element to be absorbed into the human body.
Combination of prosciutto and well aged cheddar cheese is perfect stuffing for these veal steaks, and you can serve them with variety of side dishes. If you have a little cream cheese left, put a teaspoon on a mushroom, bake it in the oven and you’ll have the perfect solution for one of the side dishes.
Veal Steaks With Prosciutto And Cheddar
- 1 lbs veal cut in steaks
- 5 oz prosciutto cut in cubes
- 5 oz cheddar cheese cut in cubes
- 2,5 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp thyme dry
- 2,5 oz butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle each steak with salt and pepper.
- Smear each steak with cream cheese.
- On top of cream cheese, put prosciutto and Cheddar cubes.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- And for rolls, so the stuffing doesn't fall out.
- Repeat the process with other steaks.
- Use grill pan for cooking. Melt butter and sprinkle with a bit of thyme. Cook the steaks for about 25 minutes.