Tricolore tacos are a real refreshment when we think about this type of Mexican food.
Here, too, the basic ingredients are minced beef and tacos or tortillas.
But what makes this recipe different are the fresh sauces that are added to it.
Green sauce with a neutral taste of avocado is seasoned with garlic and green pepper.
Fresh tomato gives the red sauce freshness of taste, and then hot red pepper makes it spicy.
Try this combination, light and spicy at the same time … and enjoy.
- 3 small avocados cut into quarters
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro or parsley chopped
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tomatoes cut
- 2 cup tomato juice
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 big tortillas
- 17.6 oz ground beef
- 1 tsp chilli
- 1 tbsp Taco sauce
- 5.3 oz ground cheese Cheddar or by your choice
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Add the avocados, green pepper, cilantro or parsley, garlic, salt, and a bit of water to a blender. Blend until be completely cut, adding water as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To make the red sauce, add the tomatoes, red pepper, salt and tomato juice in a blender. Blend until everything is well incorporated, adding more salt to taste.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil to a large pan over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chilli and Taco sauce.
- Move to the side and keep warm.
- Tortillas cut in half to get 2 semicircles.
- Place the tortillas on the grill pan and top with a generous amount of cheese.
- Over cheese add ground beef, chopped scallion, green sauce and finally, red sauce.
- Place the other half of tortilla on top of the fillings and leave on the pan until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra sauce and enjoy!