Put a Caribbean twist on a tiramisu by swapping the usual coffee for sponge soaked with mango and lime juices.
Tropical Summer tiramisu
- 250 g mascarpone
- 300 ml double cream
- 160 ml coconut cream
- 70 g icing sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut rum
- 4 limes zested, plus extra zest pared into fine curls to serve
- 150 g savoiardi sponge fingers
- 2 medium ripe mangoes peeled and sliced
- 50 g flaked coconut toasted
For the soaking liquid
- 300 ml mango juice
- 2 limes juiced
- 5 tbsp coconut rum
- Beat together the mascarpone, double cream, coconut cream, icing sugar and rum using an electric whisk until thick enough to leave a prominent trail when you turn it off and lift it, then fold through the lime zest.
- Make the soaking liquid by stirring together the mango juice, lime juice and rum in a jug, then pour into a shallow bowl.
- Get a medium dish ready (about 30 x 20cm). Dip half the sponge fingers in the soaking liquid for about 10 seconds on each side and place in a single layer in the dish, then drizzle over 3-4 tbsp of the liquid. Top with a layer of half the mascarpone cream, then a layer of sliced mango (using about half). Repeat with the remaining sponges, mascarpone cream, and mango slices. Chill for at least 5 hrs, or preferably overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle over the flaked coconut and lime zest curls.