Sweet & Spicy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sweet and spicy stuffed chicken breasts, full of aromatic flavours.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion large, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon plus a pinch extra
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 100 g bulgur wheat
- 25 g sultanas
- 20 g coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds
- 4 chicken breasts boneless
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a medium pan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and some seasoning, and fry until soft, about 8 mins. Add 1 tsp cinnamon and the garam masala, then heat for 2 more mins. Cover the bulgur wheat and sultanas with water and boil for about 5 mins until soft, then drain any excess water. Add to the onion mixture, then add the coriander and almonds. Check seasoning.
- Cut each chicken breast open so that it is flat like a book. Divide the stuffing between them and fold the top over. Rub the skins with a pinch of cinnamon. Place tightly packed into a small baking dish and bake for 25 mins. Serve the chicken with the rest of the mix alongside, with some green beans or a wintery veg salad.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2006
Calories: 419kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 37gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Do l have to use water when cooking meat
Comments are closed.