This simple soup makes the most of Spring veg and will become a favourite standby for a quick lunch or supper…
- 200 g mixed green vegetable (we used asparagus, broad beans and spring onions)
- 700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 140 g cooked pasta (spaghetti works well, chopped into small pieces)
- 215 g can butter beans rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp green pesto
- Place the green vegetables in a medium-size saucepan, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, about 3 mins. Stir in the cooked pasta, beans and 1 tbsp of pesto. Warm through, then ladle into bowls and top each with another drizzle of pesto.