Flavor packed and easy to make, this Slow Cooker Sausage Penne Bake is full of sun-dried tomatoes and healthy spinach and would be a perfect meal to come home to after a long day out with family and friends.
Slow Cooker Sausage Penne Bake with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
- 450 g penne pasta noodles
- 850 g Alfredo sauce
- 115 g about 2 chicken sausages
- 1 cup precooked sausage crumbles
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Italian shredded cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions, but cut the cooking time short by 1-2 minutes (just shy of al dente).
- Drain pasta well and add to crock.
- Cut sausage in half and slice halves about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add cut sausage, sausage crumbles, sauce, tomatoes, and spinach to crock.
- Add 1/2 cup of each of the shredded cheeses.
- Stir to combine well.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or low for 5-7.