This recipe will teach you how to make the filling for breakfast burritos in your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Burrito Bowls
With the slow cooker, you can cook the browned sausage, potatoes, beans, and salsa overnight and wake up to a ready-to-serve filling you can eat by the bowl with a sunny egg to top.
For the burrito bowls
- 230 g uncooked breakfast sausage casings removed
- 2 large potatoes small dice
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 115 g fire-roasted green chiles drained
- 1 medium shallot or small red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 -8 large eggs
- tortilla chips
- 1 medium avocado diced
- salsa or hot sauce
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Brown the sausage and set aside to cool. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up any large clumps of sausage with a spatula, until cooked through and browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the sausage, potatoes, beans, and seasonings in the slow cooker. Transfer the sausage to a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the potatoes, beans, salsa, chiles, shallot or onion, garlic, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Cover and cook on the LOW setting until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook the eggs and serve. When the potatoes are tender, scramble or fry as many eggs as desired in a nonstick skillet. Layer the sausage, potato, and bean mixture over tortilla chips if desired and top with the eggs. Top with diced avocado, hot sauce or salsa, and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe from thekitchn.com
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 44.9gProtein: 23.5gFat: 20.4gSaturated Fat: 5.5gSodium: 763.8mgFiber: 10.6gSugar: 4.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!