We all know salmon is naturally rich with Omega 3 acids and that it is recommended in most of the diets, but can you make it a bit different? Usually you just cook the salmon steaks or salmon fillets and serve them with greens or other vegetables of your choice.
This recipe is a bit different and it is packed with flavor and beautiful aroma. Oranges bring this fatty fish to another level, and addition of mouthwatering risotto makes a winning combination.
Orange zest is also delicious, do not trow it away! Serve it alongside risotto and salmon steaks. Since there is honey in this Salmon with orange and aromatic risotto recipe, make sure you do not use sweet soy sauce.
Salmon With Orange And Aromatic Risotto
- 4 steaks salmon
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 gloves garlic
- 2 oranges
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 lbs rice
- 1/2 onion
- 2 oranges
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 oz butter
- 1 oz parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl mix juice from 2 oranges, grated ginger, soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil and 2 garlic gloves.
- Put salmon steaks in the mixture and cover with foil. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the risotto.
- On a hot pan, fry the onion.
- Add rice and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add juice from 1/2 of the orange, half of the water and cook for about 10 minutes. Add water occasionally, so rice doesn't stick. Add salt.
- Add sliced orange cubes into the cooked rice. Cook for about 7 more minutes, add water occasionally.
- Add butter, stir well and then add grated Parmesan. Remove from heat and set aside with the lid on.
- Cook salmon steaks on low heat for about 5 minutes on each side and serve it with aromatic risotto. Drizzle with marinade.