Perfectly golden and crisp potatoes are very achievable. Roasting your potatoes at a high temp and making sure your potatoes are cut side down are the magic tricks. It takes an extra minute to arrange all of them but the results are very much well worth it. Be sure to not overcrowd your pan and roast in batches if necessary!
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 4 lb baby red potatoes halved
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 12 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes with oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl until coated. Arrange in an even layer, cut side down, on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast potatoes, rotating sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through, until crisp and golden brown on the bottom, 25 to 30 minutes.