This recipe became quite popular, so we decided to give it a try and see what’s so special about this cake and you know what, it’s very nice.
It’s really easy to make, great looking from the outside, and delicious, this Rice Cooker Upside-Down Orange Delicacy is something we will continue making in the future.
Rice Cooker Orange Upside-Down Cake
- 1/4 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup melted butter some more for greasing pan
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cream cheese. Add eggs to the mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add orange zest (half of the orange) and lemon juice. Whisk until it's well combined.
- Add pancake mix and melted butter, and whisk some more until the batter is smooth.
- Grease the bowl of rice cooker with butter.
- Sprinkle that one tbsp of sugar you left aside and coat the bowl well.
- Slice orange into 7 thin slices and lay on the inside of the bowl.
- Pour the batter over the oranges, and cook for 40 minutes.
- After cooking is finished, place a plate over the bowl of rice cooker and carefully flip the bowl upside-down so that the cake slides onto on the plate with the orange slices on top.
- Serve and enjoy!