The search is over! This caramel squares hits all the spots, with a buttery, biscuity base, a salty caramel and a decadent dark chocolate ganache.
Add To Shopping List
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F and line a 3.1"x3.1" tin with baking paper (or a half size if you are making a smaller batch)
- Combine the base ingredients well and press firmly into the tin in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until just turning golden at the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and xylitol over medium-low heat. Continue melting, stirring occasionally, until it is a dark golden brown colour. The darker you get it - without burning - the richer the caramel taste will be.
- Once golden brown, stir in the heavy cream and simmer for a further 7-10 minutes until the caramel has thickened. Stir regularly.
- Pour the caramel over the base and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Once done, refrigerate until completely cool and set.
- Once the caramel and base is completely cooled, prepare the ganache. Chop the chocolate roughly and put In a microwave safe ceramic or glass bowl with the cream.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until the chocolate begins to melt. Continue stirring out of the microwave until it is evenly combined and glossy. Watch the microwave very closely to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Spread the ganache over the caramel and refrigerate until set. Cut into small squares.
- Keep refrigerated.
Keto Caramel Squares
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19g
Saturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.