Refreshing lunch, easy to make and delicious to eat. Combination of vegetables in salsa and low fat ground chicken is perfect for a hot summer day. If you’re tired of a classic burgers this recipe will delight you and you won’t be making this dish only in summer but all year long.
There are many varieties of this Mediterranean dish and you are free to try them all, believe us, we already did, and this is number one by far. Perfect balance with excellent ingredients.
Add To Shopping List
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- In a large bowl mix ingredients for burger patties. Ground chicken, zucchini, mint, scallion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Make 4 burger patties from that mixture.
- For Mediterranean salad, mix tomato, onion, 2 tbsp of olive oil and Feta cheese.
- Put remaining olive oil on a grill pan and cook burgers on medium-high heat with occasional turning.
- For serving, smear tzatziki sauce on bottom half of the bun, put a lettuce leaf, burger and Mediterranean salad on top and finish with upper half of the bun.
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS:
You can buy already made tzatziki sauce, but it's always much tastier if you make your own. Grate cucumber and drain it from excess water, then add garlic, dill and Greek yogurt or sour cream. Mix well and use it not only for this recipe, but for others also, because you can store it in a refrigerator for at least 2-4 days.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.