Let’s combine pork and red cabbage and make a healthy and delicious meal.
We’ll also add apples and new flavors to that and you’ll see how, with just these simple ingredients, you can get a fabulous dish.
Most of us are used to classic apple sauce, and this recipe is something new you can try. and believe us when we say, result is excellent.
Pork Chops With Red Cabbage and Aples
- 4 pork chops 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup carrot diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/2 medium red cabbage or 1 small head, sliced
- 2 medium cooking apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and brown chops well on both sides. Season with some of the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a second pan and saute onion, carrot and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, apples, garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Saute for another 5 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted slightly. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Add wine, broth and vinegar. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Arrange chops in the pan, basting with the cabbage and juices. Reduce heat, cover and cook slowly for about 45 minutes,until chops are tender and cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!