Skip the takeout and make this easy one-pan Chinese orange chicken recipe at home.
Ready in 20 minutes this fast and healthier recipe will be a go-to dinner solution.
One Pan Chinese Orange Chicken
- 1/2 cup orange juice plus 1 teaspoon orange zest (about 2 oranges)
- 6 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes (add more if you like it spicy)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 450 g boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together orange sauce ingredients; orange juice, zest, chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, chili flakes, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ½ teaspoon sesame oil.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to the pan and allow to simmer and bubble until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the sauce as it cooks. Season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Top chicken with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with your choice of sides like brown rice and vegetables.