Multi cooker pulled pork combine with a jacket potato or in a lightly toasted panini.
Multi Cooker Pulled Pork with Red Cabbage Slaw
Rich sandwich with meat and healthy red cabbage slaw...
- 1.25-1.4 kg pork shoulder rind removed
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp oil for slow cooking
- 150 ml pork or vegetable stock
- 75 g tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Alternatively you can use approx. 300g of ready-made BBQ sauce
Red cabbage slaw
- 1/4 of a red cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small apple
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 15 g pumpkin seeds
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp natural Greek yogurt
- Combine all the rub ingredients together in a bowl, add the pork and toss to coat evenly. If possible, leave the rub to marinade the pork for 2 – 3 hrs in the fridge.
- Add oil to the inner pot. Select SAUTE. Allow to heat for a few seconds then add the pork and sear on all sides. When all sides are browned, press CANCEL.
- Pour over the stock and close the lid. Select SLOW COOK HIGH. Press TIME ADJUSTMENT and press + button to increase the time to 5 hours. Press START.
- Combine all the ingredients for the BBQ sauce. With 1 hour to go, open the lid and pour over the BBQ sauce. Close the lid and allow the programme to complete. Press CANCEL.
- Remove pork from the pot and using 2 forks pull apart
- Serve with the slaw.
Red Cabbage Slaw
- Core and finely dice the apple, place in a large bowl and add the lemon juice. Finely shred the cabbage and peel and grate the carrot, add to the bowl. Mix in the pumpkin seeds, vinegar and yogurt and stir to combine.
Recipe for Clever Chef
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!