This classic German sauerkraut recipe combines cabbage and pork. Sour and salty taste in this dish is like nothing you’ve ever tasted. Your job is to prepare the ingredients and let your multi cooker to the rest of the work for you.
We haven’t included side dish for this recipe, so it’s up to you to choose. We suggest mashed potatoes or potato salad.
Multi Cooker German Sauerkraut
- 4.4 lbs sauerkraut whole
- 1.7 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 onions
- 3 tbsp lard pork
- 8 slices bacon smoked
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp mix of herb seasoning
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- peppercorns to taste
- Select Saute on your multi cooker and put 1 tbsp of pork lard, then add chopped onions and bacon and cook until onions are soften. Set aside.
- Slice the cabbage head in 8 pieces and pork in inch thick cubes. Set aside.
- Grease multi cooker with 1 tbsp of pork lard and add 4 pieces of sauerkraut and half of onion and bacon mixture then portion of pork cubes and season with 2 tsp of mix herb seasoning, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves and half of sweet paprika.
- Next step is adding the remaining onion and bacon mixture, then 4 pieces of sauerkraut, season with the rest of sweet paprika and add final tbsp of pork lard.
- Set your multi cooker on stew and cook for 2 hours. Serve warm.