If you’re a fan of Chinese cuisine and don’t have much time, let’s have a multi cooker make the dish for you.
This sweet and juicy pork is a classic Chinese stir-fry, sweetness of pineapple and thickness of the sauce will make you think it’s prepared in old fashion way, but we’ll keep your secret!
Multi Cooker Chinese Sweet Pork
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1/2 cup Potato Starch
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 small Yellow/Brown Onion cut into chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Pineapple Chunks with liquid
- 1/3 cup yellow sugar
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Select Sear/Sauté on Multi-Cooker and allow to heat while preparing the ingredients.
- Cut pork into chunks and place into a medium mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, Chinese five spice and potato starch and mix to coat.
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl, add pork and coat well.
- Beat eggs and pour over pork and coat.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together and pour over pork. Select Cancel.
- Add oil to the cooking pot and then add the garlic and onions. Fry for 5 minutes and add pork to the cooking pot.
- Fry until pork starts to soften. Stir to prevent it from sticking.
- Select Stew and set time to 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the lid and add pepper and pineapple and continue cooking.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!