There’s no excuse to skip breakfast when you can have this light and fluffy egg sandwich ready in 5 minutes or less.
Microwave Egg Sandwich with Cheddar and Avocado
- nonstick vegetable oil spray, vegetable oil, or unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar
- 2 slices toast or 1 English muffin ,biscuit, or roll, split, toasted
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- hot sause or pesto for serving
- Spray inside of bowl with nonstick spray or lightly coat with oil or butter. Add eggs, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. water; mix with a fork until combined.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds; you should see bits of solid egg floating in uncooked part. Stir gently (this will help egg cook evenly) and microwave again 30 seconds or until egg puffs up dramatically. Add cheese and continue to microwave until egg is just set and cheese is melted, 15–30 seconds. Using a small spatula, transfer egg mixture to bottom toast slice. Top with avocado, drizzle with hot sauce or pesto, then top with remaining toast slice. Serve immediately.
- Note This recipe was developed using a 1200-watt microwave. If your microwave wattage is lower, you may have to increase cooking time.