Super easy recipe with only 8 simple ingredients.
These slow cooker chicken thighs are smothered in a tasty creamy tomato basil sauce that will have you licking your plate.
Amazing served over pasta, zucchini noodles, or riced cauliflower.
Low carb and keto-friendly, this recipe will be loved by all!
Low Carb Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (KETO)
- 3-4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatos with garlic and onion drained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes slivered and diced
- 10.5 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 18 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add chicken thighs, cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatos, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Stir until blended. Turn crock pot on Low and cook 6 to 8 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove lid. Add parmesan and cream cheese. Allow cheeses to melt, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles, or riced cauliflower. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy
- If the sauce in the crock pot is too liquid, you can leave the lid off to help evaporate some of the juices, or you can thicken with cornstarch. If you’re following a low carb or keto diet you can thicken with 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum mixed with 1 tsp olive oil.
- To keep the chicken from breaking apart while stirring to melt the cheeses, and thickening the sauce, you can pull it out and set aside. Add back in when sauce is complete.