This copycat tastes just like the restaurant version except you can make it in the pressure cooker. It is unbelievably easy and effortless – anyone can make it! It is basically fool-proof. Promise!
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g mild Italian sausage casing removed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 russet potatoes chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch kale stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add olive oil and sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Add garlic, onion and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and chicken broth; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in kale until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.