Honey glazed ham has one of the recipes which we suggest you make for the upcoming holiday.
We love making a traditional ham recipes for Christmas.
Now we have made our ham sweeter and tender.
Ham glaze made from honey, brown sugar, mustard and cinnamon is the perfect addition to a holiday ham and only takes 5 minutes to make!
The orange juice and cloves give it all the tenderness it needs.
Ham glaze is sweet and spiced, and absolutely necessary if you want your ham to have the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and shiny.
Be sweet, be shiny and let Christmas bring you enjoyment!
Honey Glazed Ham
- 4.5 lb leg ham bone in, skin removed
- 15-20 cloves
- 1 orange ( from 1/2 squeeze the juice and cut the other into slices)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 big potatoes cut into 1/4
- salt, peper, chilli to taste
- Place the ham in a large baking dish.
- Lightly cut 2.5cm / 1" across the fat surface of the ham. Avoid cutting into the meat.
- Insert a clove in the intersection of the cross of each diamond on the surface.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the juice of 1/2 orange over the ham and pour the water in the baking dish.
- Remaining orange place around the ham in the baking dish.
- Brush half the glaze all over the ham.
- Put to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes.
- Arrange the potatoes around the ham and season to taste.
- Place in the oven and bake about 2 hours to 320 F (160°C).
- Basting very generously every 30 minutes with remainig glaze + juices in pan. Tip: Use the foil to protect glaze if it burns faster than ham is finished.
- Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before serving. Baste before serving.
- Serve with the side dish and enjoy!