Homemade miso soup with chicken is one of the version famous Japanese soup.
Miso soup is a homemade soup of Japan.
Many Japanese start the day with it.
Miso soup consists of a broth (foundation) called “dashi”, miso paste, but also other ingredients depending on the taste.
The Japanese claim that it rejuvenates, keeps your skin healthy, regulates blood pressure and is a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
In addition to dashia and miso paste, vegetables, tofu, fish, mushrooms are added to the miso soup. We added chicken, vegetable and rice to get a lighter homemade soup.
In preparing our soup the only Japanese thing you need is miso pasta. Get it and try to make this delicious and healthy soup.
Homemade Miso Soup with Chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz chicken breasts
- ½ cup rice
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 small leek cut into rings
- 2 tbsp miso pasta
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 spring onion chooped for serving
- Put the chicken broth in a pot over low heat and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, add pieces of chicken meat and cook for 10 minutes. Add more chicken broth if needed.
- After 10 minutes, take the meat out of the broth and set aside.
- Put leek, carrot and rice in the soup. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Open the lid and check that the carrots and rice have been cooked. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile roughly chop the chicken.
- Return the meat to the soup and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk miso paste and soy sauce.
- Put out the fire or remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mixture of miso paste and soy sauce until melted. Tip: Miso paste should not be added to boiling soup because it loses its healing and nutritious properties.
- Sprinkle the soup with spring onions, serve warm and enjoy