Most of us adore this fruit because of its delicious taste, juiciness and beautiful aroma and this recipe is one of the easiest which includes fresh strawberries.
Just follow the steps and you’ll always get a fantastic cake. Strawberries are excellent for this recipe, but you can also use different type of berries like raspberry, blackberry or blueberry, just bare in mind that you would need to add some more sugar for the ones which has more natural acidity.
Easy Strawberry Cake
- 3/4 lbs strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter 2 tbsp used for greasing the pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and it's best to you use 9 inch (23 cm) round or square pan. Grease the pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and then set aside.
- Beat 1 cup of sugar and 6 tbsp of butter In the bowl of an electric mixer until you get that fluffy texture.
- Then add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until mixture is well combined.
- Add some of the flour mixture and then some milk, and after you finish adding those little by little you should get a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Arrange the strawberries on top, cut side down, so that they completely cover the batter and use the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for ten minutes, then reduce the heat to 325°F (160°C) and bake until the cake is lightly golden.