There are many different variations of lasagna. Spinach, butternut squash, mushroom, eggplant, chicken, tofu and to be completely honest, most of them are delicious, but have you tried a classic lasagna recipe cooked a bit differently?
Use your favorite slow cooker to make lasagna, we tried and we succeeded and the result is phenomenal!
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles, unboiled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 450 g ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 1/2 cup Marinara sauce divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 7 oz sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 4 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Heat oil In a pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add beef and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. After meat gets nice brown color, add 3 cups of the marinara and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream with parmesan and parsley.
- Grease the bowl of your slow cooker with a oil and use remaining marinara sauce to make a thin layer on the bottom.
- Next, add a layer of noodles (make them fit), then a layer of meat mixture, a layer of mozzarella, and a layer of sour cream. Repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with mozzarella.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.