Sometimes creamy tomato soup is all you need when you feel under the weather. It will make you warm and in most cases you won’t be needing anything else besides this dish.
However, you can serve this tomato soup as an excellent appetizer, and these ingredients will save you time and give you more room to focus on your main dish.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cups diced tomatoes caned
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- fresh basil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium large pot.
- Add onions and cook until completely soft.
- Add tomatoes and let them simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, then add fresh basil and more salt and pepper.
- Add heavy cream and after you can blend to the consistency you enjoy the most.
- Serve with toasted bread and enjoy!