We researched different regions of the world and came across this fantastic recipe.
There are numerous cottage cheese pie recipes and Prijesnac is one of the examples related to Balkans cuisine. There is no reliable information of its authenticity, but it is considered to be a true local dish which helped the locals to use leftover amount of hard cheese.
Our advice for you is to use well aged hard cheese for the best results and most enhanced flavor.
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sparkling mineral water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt to taste, depends of the cheese saltiness
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven on 300°F.
- Prepare all ingredients.
- In large bowl whisk the eggs and add crushed cottage cheese.
- Take another bowl and mix sparkling water, oil, sour cream, flour and baking soda.
- Combine both mixtures and whisk.
- Oil the baking tray and distribute the mass equally.
- After 30 minutes, take the pie out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes and cut in pieces