These Family Friendly Clever Mexican Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles are gluten free, low carb and egg free and are a fiesta in your mouth!
A dinner for the whole family!
For The Meatballs:
- 1 lb Lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Low fat cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp Green onion diced
- 1/4 cup Red onion diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
For The Sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Red onion diced
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups Crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Mild salsa
- 1 tbsp Chile in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tbsp Adobo sauce
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Corn frozen
For The Zoodles:
- 8 Zucchinis medium
- Cilantro for garnish
- cheddar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together until well mixed
- Form into small balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (should make 20 meatballs) I use a cookie scoop. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
- While the meatballs cook, heat 1/2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Sautee the diced red onion and garlic until it is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the diced chile in adobo sauce, the adobo sauce, the crushed tomatoes, and the salsa. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, salt of and frozen corn (no need to thaw.) Stir until everything is well mixed. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat.
- Cook in the pan until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer to paper towel and gently press out as much moisture as you can.
- Divide the noodles among the plates and top with tomato sauce and meatballs. Garnish with cilantro and additional cheddar cheese if desired, and serve.