Cabbage rolls without rolling is an ideal lunch for those who love cabbage rolls and do not have enough time to roll it 😉
The ingredients for real cabbage rolls are unchanged … sauerkraut and minced meat …
We can tell you the same for taste!
The only thing you need is much less time to prepare.
Try and enjoy!
Cabbage Rolls Without Rolling
- 17.6 oz ground beef
- 1 whole sauerkraut separated into sheets
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 carrot grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika powder
- 1 cup water
- Put oil in the pan and saute onion and grated carrot.
- Add the meat, simmer until almost done. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the rice, stir everything and remove from the heat.
- Divide the whole sauerkraut into leaves and remove the root from each leaf.
- Line the bottom of a fireproof bowl or other oven dish with cabbage leaves, but so that the ends of the cabbage protrude over the edge of the pan.
- Then put a row of meat, then a row of cabbage leaves and repeat the process until all the ingredients are used up.
- Cover with the leaves that protrude over the edge, pour over the water in which you put the paprika powder.
- Bake in the oven at 392F (200°C) for about 1 hour.Tip: If the upper leaves start to burn, cover the dish with aluminum foil.