Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie. Its name is a combination of words “banana” and “toffee”, but we tried to make something completely different, and that is to also include apples.
Over time, various other flavors like chocolate and coffee were added, but we like our version the most and we warmly recommend you to try this recipe.
Banoffee Apple Pie
- 17.6 oz plain flour
- 8.8 oz butter diced
- 10.5 oz cream cheese full fat
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 8 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 bananas sliced
- 8.8 oz caramel sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Make the pastry by adding all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix on low speed until it all starts to come together. Squeeze the dough with hands to unite well.
- Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge.
- Slice apples and place them in a bowl.
- Slice bananas and set them aside.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and flour and sprinkle over the apple slices and stir to coat completely.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and slice in half.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until it’s large enough to cover the base and sides of your pie dish.
- Fill with half of the apple slices.
- Add bananas and hen the caramel sauce. Top with the remaining apple slices.
- Roll out remaining pastry and put on pie like a lid.
- Paste the edges of the pastry with water, press them and cut off the excess.
- Preheat oven to 200 C (392F).
- Cut some slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle over the sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the pastry browned.
- Serve with extra caramel sauce and enjoy!