This fabulous cheesy pull-apart sharing bread is perfect for the party season.
Baked Cheese Bread Flower
No one can resist melty camembert and golden dough balls.
- 100 g butter softened
- small bunch rosemary sprigs eaves picked and chopped, plus extra sprigs to decorate
- flour for dusting
- 880 g ready-made pizza dough defrosted if necessary, or make your own
- 150 g cranberry sauce
- 250 g camembert or chaource (or vegetarian alternative)
- oil for drizzling
- Mash the butter, rosemary and some seasoning in a bowl. On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into four sections (it will already be divided if you’re using ready-made pizza dough). One at a time, roll out each piece of dough to a thickness of about 4mm, keeping the pieces you’re not using covered. Use a 7cm cutter to stamp out 30-36 circles.
- Spread the rosemary butter over half the dough circles, then spread the cranberry sauce over the remaining rounds. Fold each circle in half and bring the two points together like a fortune cookie; these are the ower ‘petals’.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment. Put the cheese – in its box but with the lid removed – in the middle of the baking tray. Arrange a ring of dough petals around the box, alternating the rosemary butter and cranberry sauce fillings. Tuck the pointed ends neatly under the box. Arrange another ring of petals around the first, this time tucking the pointed ends under the row in front. Repeat with the remaining dough petals to create a neat ower pattern. Loosely cover the tray with oiled cling film and leave somewhere warm to prove for 30 mins, or until almost doubled in size. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Remove the cling film and slash the top of the cheese a few times. Poke in the rosemary sprigs, drizzle everything with a little oil and bake for 35-40 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 mins before serving.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, November 2018
Calories: 456kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 16gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!