It’s that time of the year!
While game day is all about football, number of touchdowns, great passes and same interceptions, overpriced commercials and stunning halftime show, we all can’t deny that food is just as important.
Sit back, enjoy the game and everything it represents with these delicious bites.
Super Bowl Vegetarian Crispy Mushroom Snack
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1.7 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2-3 pickles
- 12 buns or sliced rolls
- Lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes, and sliced red onions for serving
- Prepare the mushrooms, clean them with paper towel and remove stalks.
- Whisk one egg in the plate.
- In another plate, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Take 1 mushroom at a time, dip it into egg mixture and then coat in bread crumbs.
- Put mushrooms into a baking trey, rounded side down.
- Put a piece of cheese in the hole of each mushroom.
- Sprinkle with remaining panko bread crumb mixture.
- Roast until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes in the oven to 450 F.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, paprika and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut pickles, cherry tomatoes, red onion and lettuce for stuffing.
- Place the sauce on the each side of the bun and top with mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and onion or the vegetables you want.