Cabbage with meat is a famous dish throughout Serbia.
Therefore, there are certainly many recipes for “sweet” cabbage and each region, we believe, adds its own “exotic” … this time we made it with beef from the Vojvodina region.
This is one of the dishes that is passed down from generation to generation … grandmothers, mothers, aunts … with or without meat …
Only fresh cabbage should not be left out 🙂
When it is the season of cabbage, this dish can be a real treat! For this recipe, we used a cabbage from the Vojvodina plain.
You can cook this meal with meat as you wish … also the vegetarian version is perfectly delicious!
You can make this fabulous dish in your Slow cooker or Multi cooker.
Try it and we are sure, everyone will be happy to eat it!
Cabbage Dish With Beef
- 1 cabbage cut into 8 parts
- 1,1 lbs fine beef cut into cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 celery chopped
- 1 parsley root chopped
- 3 tomatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 tsp dried herbs spice
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion in a pot until soft. Add a little salt to soften the onion faster.
- Add sliced carrot, parsley root and celery and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add a little water.
- Add meat, salt, add dried herbs spice and fry until golden brown for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the paprika powder, stir quickly so as not to burn.
- Add the tomato passata. When it boils, add 3 l of water.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for about 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After 1 hour, add sliced cabbage and cook for another 40 minutes or until the meat is done and the cabbage is soft.
- Serve warm and enjoy !