This multi layer cake is a dream come truth for both vanilla and raspberry lovers. Creamy, but also spongy, it is a perfect summer dessert.
This cake is not only light, but it can be made according to Keto diet rules. All you need to do is to apply right type of flour, sugar substitute of your choice, sugar free chocolate and, in this case, almond milk instead of regular.
Sweetness of the vanilla cream and just the right amount of acidity from the raspberries bring the perfect balance for this summer delicacy.
Vanilla Raspberry Cake
- 5 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar or 1/2 tbsp of Stevia powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp flour or almond flour
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 6 tsp sugar or 1/4 tsp Stevia powder
- 2/3 cup milk or almond milk
- 2/3 lbs frozen raspberries or fresh
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1-2 tbsp Stevia powder
- 2 cups sweetened heavy cream or unsweetened
- 1/2 lbs dark chocolate or sugar free dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup milk or almond milk
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until you reach that foamy texture.
- Easily mix other ingredients with the egg whites cream. First the sugar or sugar substitute, egg yolks (one by one), baking powder and finnaly flour of your choice.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish (use baking paper) and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven on 150C or 300F.
- Mix cocoa powder, warm milk and sugar or sugar substitute.
- When the sponge cake is baked, separate it from the edges, and make little holes with a fork. Gently pour the cocoa mixture over the sponge cake. Use a teaspoon.
- Cook raspberries for about 7 minutes, or until you reach that jam like texture.
- Pour the raspberry sauce over the sponge cake and set everything aside.
- Bring heavy cream to the boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks and add sugar or sugar substitute, milk and vanilla extract.
- Gently add the egg mixture to the heavy cream.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until it reach its thickness, and then let it cool.
- Whip the cream and add cooled vanilla cream.
- Smear the vanilla cream over the cake.
- Microwave the chocolate, but don't let it melt completely.
- Add warm milk to the chocolate, and gently mix.
- Pout the mixture over the cake and let it cool for at least an hour in the refrigerator.