Sweets Tagliatelle with poppy seeds are a typical for Serbian region called Vojvodina, sweet and ancient specialty.
We believe that it brings the people of Vojvodina back to their childhood and is better known to them as “dry with poppy”.
This can be classified as a very quick recipe, depending on whether you are skilled enough to make pasta yourself.
Homemade pasta would be ideal to preserve the authenticity of this recipe.
But in this fast time, buying tagliatelle or lace noodles can be an ideal replacement.
Poppy seed noodles are a delicacy from ancient times.
If you haven’t tried them yet, be sure to do so and enjoy.
Tagliatelle With Poppy Seeds
- 1 pack of tagliatelle
- 10.5 oz ground poppy seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Put poppy seeds and milk in the pot and cook on low heat with the addition of sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until it starts to boil or until the poppy becomes soft and cooked.
- Mix the pasta with a little oil and a mixture of poppy seeds and milk.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Also, if the topping seems thick or sparse, regulate the density by adding milk or poppy seeds, but immediately at the beginning of cooking.