Smoked Carp With Sauerkraut is a real delicacy.
If you are a fan of smoked fish then this is the right recipe for you.
We are usually used to putting pork or dried meat or bacon, sausages…with sauerkraut.
Let’s try something different…
Smoked carp, completely worthy, for some like us, replaces any type of meat. Even more…
This recipe is also served on monastery tables, and it can become indispensable on your table.
Try it and enjoy!
Smoked Carp With Sauerkraut
- 35 oz sauerkraut cut into strips or grated
- 17.5 oz smoked carp cut into steaks
- 2 tsp dry vegetables spice
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp smoked paprika powder
- olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- Bay leaf
- Pour olive oil into a large pot and put sauerkraut to simmer.
- Add 1 1/3 cup of water.
- Add chopped onion, a little more olive oil and stir.
- Add another 1 1/3 cup water.
- Simmer with occasional stirring for about 2 hours. If necessary, add water so that the sauerkraut does not stay dry.
- Before the end, add dry vegetables spice, a little salt and smoked paprika powder and stir well.
- Pour into a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and add the bay leaf.
- Arrange the smoked carp steaks on top and pour a little more olive oil over it.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 356F (180 °C ) for about 45 minutes.