There is no much to say about this recipe. Classic Pasta alla Carbonara is all about fresh and quality ingredients. Rich smokey bacon, free range eggs and Pecorino cheese is all you need to create beautiful and creamy sauce.
Pecorino cheese is hard and salty Italian cheese mostly often used for grating and it is very similar to Parmesan with one big difference. Pecorino is made out of sheep’s milk, where Parmesan is made out of cow’s milk. Even though you can use Parmesan for this recipe, Pecorino will give this recipe a distinct note which will make this pasta alla carbonara different from the ones you’ve created before.
Pasta should be cooked per instruction, but be sure it is al dente because it will also cook for a couple of minutes in the pan.
NO SALT for this recipe, bacon and Pecorino are more than enough!
Homemade Pasta Alla Carbonara
- 12 oz pasta tricolore spaghetti
- 1/2 lbs bacon smoked
- 1 garlic clove,diced
- 3.5 oz Pecorino grated
- 4 eggs free range
- pepper to taste
- Slice the bacon and dice the garlic.
- In a separate bowls whisk eggs and then add grated Pecorino cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Cook pasta per instruction.
- In a hot pan, fry bacon and add garlic when bacon gets crispy.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a pan with bacon and garlic.
- Pour in eggs and Pecorino mixture, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!