This Healthy Beef And Broccoli recipe is one of our favorite family meals. And, when I say favorite meals, I mean we probably have it at least every other week. Ooh, and it makes a yummy meal prep lunch, too!
Not only is this absolutely delicious, it’s also super fast to prepare and healthy, too.
While we very often have this healthy beef and broccoli recipe just by itself, it’s really yummy with some simple steamed brown rice. Serving it with rice is also a great way to make this recipe go farther for more servings (hello, budget meal prep!).
Healthy Beef And Broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive divided
- 0.45 kg steak thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets about 2 small crowns
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well-browned, about 6-8 minutes. Once well-browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic, shallot and green onions to the beef drippings. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix until no longer lumpy. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove cover from pan and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Add beef and stir to combine, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, if desired.