Mix of traditional Mexican cuisine with classic fast food ingredients brings flavor to the max.
You can use this for casual dinner, as a party dish and they are perfect midnight snack after a night out 🙂
We tried several versions, hard and soft tacos, already prepared mix of spices instead of mixing spices ourselves, store bought or homemade salsa and we figured the perfect combination.
Ground Beef Tacos
- 2 lb beef ground
- 12 taco shells hard
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked red paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cook ground beef for 15 minutes on a medium heat in a large pan.
- After a couple of minutes start with adding spices (you can add more spices according to your taste).
- Add tomato sauce and let it cook, with mixing from time to time.
- Chop the lettuce and set aside.
- Grate cheddar cheese and set aside.
- After meat is cooked you can start with assembling your tacos.
- After you arrange the tacos in a baking tray, start with few tsp of meat, then cheese and lettuce and a few tsp of salsa. Repeat the process.
- Cover with the rest of the cheese and top with salsa.
- Put tacos in a preheated oven on 220 C or 430 F for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!