I often just use what ever fresh berries I have, a mix of 1 or two kinds, just so pie crust is full.
You can also make less and place it over 8 oz. cream cheese mixed with tub of frozen whipped topping and 1/4 cup of sugar.
Blend well, place in pie crust, and top with berries. This only takes a pint of berries total.
Fresh No-Bake Fruit Pie
- 450 g fresh strawberries hulled and large berries cut in half
- 450 g fresh blueberries
- 170 g fresh raspberries
- 170 g fresh blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 22 cm prepared shortbread pie crust
- Thoroughly combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries in a bowl. Scoop out 3/4 cup of mixed berries and place into a saucepan with 1 cup water and sugar; set remaining berries aside. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a bowl until smooth and stir the cornstarch mixture into the hot fruit syrup; stir until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Let the mixture cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the thickened berry mixture into fresh berries until thoroughly combined; pour berries and sauce into shortbread pie crust. Place in refrigerator until chilled, at least 1 hour.